HEY there folks on the Journey!
I WANT TO WELCOME YOU BACK TO THE JOURNEY 2 WORTHY AND BRING YOU UP TO SPEED WITH THE LESSONS I HAVE LEARNED IN THE YEAR I CALL: DEFRAGMENTATION!
Catch me on this episode where I share my recap of the last year, like most of you, I went through an extreme year of transition and transformation. Tune in to learn how I let go of a lucrative role in Tourism, breaking free from the Golden Handcuffs, to follow my dreams and honor my personal values – begining a fulfilling job that allows me to continue to expand my career as a coach!
You will hear a lot of how having Coaches and Mentors have been the key crucial life changing component that has allowed me to chase my dreams on the most powerful level!
For a quick catch up In my personal Journey – here is what you have missed! Tune in here:
Lessons of the year:
- being a coach does not mean I need to have all the answers.
- when you embark on a journey of change – you will face moments of challenge where you will face a choice to continue forward calling forth courage, or turn back and quit your journey.
- when you invest in yourself, it always pays off in some way!
- when you tell the universe who you are – it lines things up for you to be exactly that.
- The importance of mindfulness and living a life you love.
- the hard truth is that you happiness is your fault – the same as how your unhappiness is!
- Celebrate your victories – recognize yourself for what you have done, accomplished and who you are – You have to do this to continue building confidence!
- You have a choice in how you show up every moment of your life!
- It is okay to take your foot off the gas to get your bearings, to move forward with intention, to allow time for the Universe to Recalculate the route to your destination.
- If your relationships arent going well, and the same patterns keep coming up, and it feels easier to blame others, Im sorry to tell you, but the common denominator is you – it may be time to look at what you could be doing differently!
- an old friend says sometimes – don’t date a cat and expect it to bark, or in other words, when someone shows you who they are – believe them. But the second part of that is knowing if who they are is what you want – which takes some time to understand who you are, and what you really want from a relationship – and not trying to change people or yourself when the two don’t match.
- To articulate, acknowledge and embrace my emotions
- To validate myself and others, and not avoid heavy emotions
- To soothe and support myself when I am in pain
- To Pause and check in with what I want before saying Yes to people
- To stop abandoning myself
- To STOP saying Sorry so much
- To share how I am feeling even when it may result in hurt feelings
- To articulate my needs – and to know that they may not be met by my partner
- To set boundaries with people
- To stop blaming others for the emotions I am experiencing
- AND especially to face the truth if someone cannot meet my needs, that they are still important – that it does not mean I do not deserve my needs being met
- How I am facing the truth, making change, taking action, and honoring my values, even when its scary, even when my reality has to be dismantled for new opportunities to emerge and grow
I am happy to declare that I am showing up as the Leader of my own Life! I couldn’t have made it here without the support of the many mentors and coaches in my life who believed in me!
SO with that, you are all caught up – it is now 2021 and for me this is the year of TRUTH!
I leave you with this Truth telling exercise that has helped me face and provoke the incredible volume of change that has happened this year:
- WHAT ARE YOU TOLERATING
- WHAT ARE YOU AFRAID OF?
- WHAT ARE YOU AVOIDING OR NOT SAYING
- WHAT DO YOU WANT AND NEED
- WHAT IS THE STANDARD YOU ARE WILLING TO ACCEPT FOR YOURSELF?
- WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE OF IN YOUR LIFE?
Which brings us to the end – and my stake for you:
YOU can have the life you want – if you are stuck in a perspective – a mindset – you can grow – you have choice – this is coming from someone who felt victim to life circumstances.
When life throws you lemons, throw them back, and demand some god damn star fruit – because you are a star! And if you don’t have a lot of experience declaring that and believing in yourself, please reach out and lets connect!
LET ME BE THE ONE TO LIFT YOU UP, TO INTRODUCE YOU TO WHO YOU ARE BECOMING!
Follow and Reach: Jeremy Long, your Host and Coach!
Tune in & Subscribe on your favorite Podcast Service: